Friday, October 30, 2009

Smarter

3 AM, thinking again. I've been pretty happy the past couple days. Ever since cutting off all contact with the ex (meaning deleting him from my facebook friends..oh, what a world we live in) I've been feeling more..free. I'm no longer sulking over his latest photos and checking his updates, he's just off my mind (well, for the most part anyway.) Someone once told me  "People come into our lives for a reason, and then leave the same way." It's true. I've come to terms with the fact that there are times I spent with him that I won't forget. But for the most part this relationship was flawed and it was a learning process. I've learned so much about myself through the heart ache I've felt. I can be on my own and I can be okay. To quote a new Eisley song, "Even though I miss you, I'm thankful, it's obvious this one was futile... So put your hands together and clap for the painful choice you made 'cause it was right." 

No comments:

Post a Comment